|Season 01 | Number of Episodes: 22|
|Premiere Airdate|| October 11, 2017|
(I Hardly Recognized You)
|Finale Airdate|| May 11, 2018|
|Slogan||Vicious, ambitious, delicious...|
Season 1 of Dynasty premiered on Wednesday, October 11, 2017, on The CW, and October 12, 2017, on Netflix internationally.
Dynasty begins with heiress Fallon Carrington unhappy to find her billionaire father Blake engaged to Cristal, her rival employee at the family company. Fallon plots against Cristal with Blake's chauffeur — and Fallon's lover — Michael Culhane, and then with Blake's nemesis, Jeff Colby. Meanwhile, the arrival of Cristal's nephew Sam threatens to expose her past.
- Elizabeth Gillies as Fallon Carrington- 22/22
- Nathalie Kelley as Cristal Flores Carrington- 22/22
- James Mackay as Steven Carrington- 22/22
- Robert Christopher Riley as Michael Culhane- 22/22
- Sam Adegoke as Jeff Colby- 20/22
- Rafael de La Fuente as Sam Jones- 22/22
- Alan Dale as Joseph Anders- 22/22
- Grant Show as Blake Carrington- 22/22
Special Guest Star
Add characters here when they have appeared in at least 5 episodes in the season.
- Wakeema Hollis as Monica Colby- 16/22
- Brianna Brown as Claudia Blaisdel- 8/22
- Adam Huber as Liam Ridley- 6/22
- Nick Wechsler as Matthew Blaisdel- 5/22
- Elena Tovar as Iris Machado- 5/22
- Michael Patrick Lane as Ted Dinard- 5/22
- Hakeem Kae-Kazim as Cecil Colby- 5/22
- Add characters here when they have appeared in 4 episodes or less in the season
- Luis Fernandez as Alejandro Raya- 4/22
- Michael Beach as Chief Aaron Stansfield- 3/22
- Dave Maldonado as Willy Santiago- 3/22
- KJ Smith as Kori Rucks- 3/22
- Arnetia Walker as Luella Culhane- 3/22
- Darryl Booker as James Culhane- 3/22
- Bill Smitrovich as Tom Carrington- 3/22
- J.R. Cacia as Rick Morales- 3/22
- Kelly Rutherford as Melissa Daniels- 3/22
- Brent Antonello as Hank Sullivan- 3/22
- Viviana Chavez as Vera- 2/22
- Elizabeth Youman as Evie Culhane- 2/22
- Skylar Morgan Jones as Young Fallon - 1/22
- Paul Luke Bonenfant as Young Steven- 1/22
- Matthew Barnes as Robby Reid- 1/22
- Nana Visitor as Diana Davis- 1/22
- Ellen Wroe as Kylie- 1/22
- Walnetta Santiago as Pepper Channing- 1/22
- Josh Ventura as Phil- 1/22
- Hines Ward as himself- 1/22
- Jamal Anderson as Himself- 1/22
- Sebastian Sozzi as Chava- 1/22
- Kearran Giovanni as Bobbi Johnson- 1/22
- Steven Culp as Tim Myers- 1/22
- Rick Hearst as Senator Paul Daniels- 1/22
- Clint Magby as Bob Channing- 1/22
- Stephan Jones as Gerry Dinard- 1/22
- Natalie Karp as Mrs Gunnerson- 1/22
- Julia Haart as herself- 1/22
- Ezekiel Ajeigbe as Teen Jeff Colby- 1/22
- Marisa Hampton as Teen Fallon Carrington- 1/22
- Nicholas Cordts as Teen Steven Carrington- 1/22
- L. Scott Caldwell as Granny- 1/22
Spoilers and Notes
- In September 2016, it was announced that a reboot of the 1980s prime-time soap opera Dynasty was in development at The CW, co-written by Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage, and Sallie Patrick .
- They (Schwartz, Savage, and Patrick) also met with Richard and Esther Shapiro, the creators of the original 1981 Dynasty. They were ultimately attached as producers for the reboot.
- The reboot updated several factors from the 1980s original series, including moving the setting from Denver, Colorado to Atlanta, Georgia; making Steven's homosexuality a non-issue to Blake, and changing gold digger Sammy Jo from a woman to a gay man.
- Main and recurring characters are all based on revised versions of original characters with the exception of Kori Rucks and Officer Stansfield, created especially for the reboot.
- The pilot was filmed in Atlanta.
- On May 10, 2017, the Dynasty reboot received a series order at The CW.</ref>
- A preview trailer was released on May 18, 2017.
- Nathalie Kelley was cast as Cristal in January 2017,, followed by Elizabeth Gillies as Fallon, Sam Adegoke as playboy Jeff Colby, and Robert Christopher Riley as Blake's chauffeur Michael Culhane in February of the same year.
- Next to be cast were Grant Show as Fallon's father Blake Carrington, and Rafael de la Fuente as Sam Jones, a gay male version of the original series' Sammy Jo Carrington, in March 2017.
- Other main cast members announcements included James Mackay as Fallon's gay brother Steven, and Alan Dale as Carrington majordomo Anders.
- Nick Wechsler as Matthew Blaisdel,,Brianna Brown as Claudia Blaisdel, and Wakeema Hollis as Jeff's sister Monique Colby were subsequently cast in recurring roles for the reboot.
- On August 2, 2017, it was confirmed that more original characters would appear in The CW series; which included Alexis. 
- Even before Alexis showed up on screen, the character’s presence was felt throughout the episodes. However, no one had actually been revealed to have been cast in the iconic role until later in the season. 
- Dynasty premiered on The CW in the United States on October 11, 2017, with the season 2 premiere of Riverdale as its lead-in.
- Netflix acquired the exclusive international broadcast rights to Dynasty, making it available as an original series on the platform less than a day after their original U.S. broadcast.
- Patrick said, "We knew in our version—2017—we wanted Steven's conflict with Blake to be not about him being gay, but about him being liberal." Additionally, in the new series, Blake's fiancée is Hispanic, and both chauffeur Michael Culhane and the Colby family are African-American. 
- Savage said, "All of us have worked on shows that owe a huge debt to Dynasty, so it's kind of in our writing DNA to do this show." The trio discussed what they found unique and attractive about the original series, and how best to preserve those elements in an update.
- The new series finds heiress Fallon Carrington facing off against her soon-to-be stepmother Cristal, now a Hispanic woman. Schwartz said of the rival characters: "Even when you watch the original, Fallon is a character who feels as if she can exist in 2017. She just pops off the screen, and she can take on Krystle, who, in the original, was pure and the moral center of the show. With this new Cristal, we liked the idea of not letting her be quite as pure and raising some questions about her past and having her stir the pot—making her more formidable. That really let us lean into this rivalry between Fallon and Cristal".
- Leslie Moonves, the head of CBS Corporation, said in 2017, "We own 100 percent of Dynasty, and we've already licensed it to Netflix in 188 countries ... So this means Dynasty is profitable before it even hits the air."
- The title of the twelfth episode Promises You Can't Keep, was announced via press release on November 5, 2017.
- On November 9th, 2017, it was announced the first season would consist of 22 episodes.
- On November 15th, 2017, it was announced that Kelly Rutherford, who previously worked with executive producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage on The CW’s Gossip Girl, will appear in an upcoming episode of the network’s Dynasty reboot as Melissa Daniels. 
- The title of A Well-Dressed Tarantula, the mid-season premiere episode was announced by a press release on November 16, 2017.
- On November 28th, 2017, it was announced that Nicollette Sheridan joined the cast as the iconic character of Alexis Carrington who will return unexpectedly to their world, challenging Blake’s marriage to Cristal, seeking to reunite with her children, and fighting to claim what is hers. 
- On December 13, 2017, it was confirmed that Michael Patrick Lane would return in Rotten Things, the season one midseason finale as Ted Dinard.
- On Sunday, January 7, 2018, it was announced that come March 9, 2018, the show would move to Fridays at 8 PM, as the lead-in to the final season of “The Originals” when this show premieres on April 20, 2018.  
- CW President Mark Pedowitz said in an interview with Deadline, that while he was disappointed in the series less than stellar ratings, the introduction of Alexis and the mother-daughter situation between her and Fallon played a big role in giving the series a back 9 order. 
- On January 13, 2018, it was announced that J.R. Cacia was cast in a key recurring role as Rick Morales, an ambitious and principled political journalist whose focus is on breaking high-profile scandals.
- Rick’s latest story thrusts him into the Carringtons’ orbit, where he reunites with Cristal, a former co-worker, and friend and perhaps more… His character will be introduced in the second half of the season. 
- On March 8, 2018, the first look at Alexis and her arrival were revealed.
- On March 15, 2018, Adam Huber, who portrays Liam Ridley had confirmed in an interview that if Dynasty was to be renewed, his role had the potential to continue into Season 2. 
- On March 16, 2018 Brianna Brown tweeted about having one more scene to shoot in Atlanta (hinting at Claudia's return).  which was confirmed in the trailer for Trashy Little Tramp that aired on April 28, 2018.
- Also on March 16, 2018, it was confirmed that the season 1 finale would take place on May 11, 2018. 
- On April 2, 2018, the CW announced the renewal of Dynasty along with 10 other series; its episode number and premiere date, however, remain unknown at that point in time.
- On May 10, 2018, Liz confirmed via some BTS photos of the season one finale she posted on twitter that Liam would be back. 
- As of May 18, 2018, all episodes of Season 1 of Dynasty are now available to stream in the US via Netflix. 
- On July 25, 2018, it was revealed that all the outfits designed for Alexis Carrington in the reboot would be featured on Mark Zunino's Beverly Hills store window.
|#||Image||Title||Writer(s)||Director||Airdate||No. in series|
|1||I Hardly Recognized You||Sallie Patrick, Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage||Brad Silberling||October 11, 2017||1|
|Fallon Carrington is charismatic, cunning, and poised to become the new COO of her father Blake’s global energy empire – or so she thinks. Along with her brother Steven, Fallon is horrified to learn that they were called home not to announce her promotion – but rather to make the acquaintance of their stepmother-to-be, Cristal. When Blake chooses Cristal over his own daughter, Fallon sidles up to Blake’s biggest rival, Jeff Colby, to seek her revenge. Meanwhile, when Cristal’s nephew Sammy Jo comes to town, her carefully concealed history could bring her future crashing down – and who knows who else she might take down with her.|
|2||Spit It Out||Sallie Patrick||Michael Allowitz||October 18, 2017||2|
|WHAT’S IN A NAME? — When it’s discovered that Matthew’s “accidental” death may have involved foul play, the spotlight falls on the Carringtons themselves. The family must swallow their own suspicions of each other and close rank to defend the clan. Cristal struggles with what it means to be a Carrington, while Fallon begrudgingly helps cover up Cristal’s affair to protect the family name. Despite their efforts, everything comes to an emotional head at Matthew’s funeral.|
|3||Guilt is for Insecure People||Ali Adler||Kellie Cyrus||October 25, 2017||3|
|WHEN GREED WAS GOOD — In a throwback to the ‘80s, when "greed was good,” the Carringtons don their best costumes for their Charity Gala; Fallon fights her father Blake for the right to use the family name in her new business venture; and when Cristal learns her sister is in danger, she’s forced to choose between her old family and her new one.|
|4||Private as a Circus||Jenna Richman||Kevin Sullivan||November 1, 2017||4|
|WE DON’T NEED ANYBODY BUT US — The Carringtons’ efforts to protect their secrets – from the world and from each other – lead them outside the protective cocoon of the Manor: Cristal and Blake to their belated honeymoon, Steven to Sammy Jo’s rescue, and Fallon to confront old demons. They all face the same difficult choice: serve yourself, or save the family?|
|5||Company Slut||Christopher Fife||Cherie Nolan||November 8, 2017||5|
|NOW IT’S PERSONAL — Fallon plays a game of cat and mouse with Cristal, as the two vie for the cover of a prestigious magazine. Steven’s ex-boyfriend returns to town, upending Steven’s life in many ways. Sammy Jo and Anders discover an unlikely connection.|
|6||I Exist Only For Me||Kevin A. Garnett||Lee Rose||November 15, 2017||6|
|TO GIVE OR TAKE — Cristal’s houseguest puts Blake in an awkward position; Sammy Jo gets in over his head while babysitting; Fallon realizes that she has alienated everyone in her personal life and zeros in on the one thing she wants more than anything.|
|7||A Taste of Your Own Medicine||Jay Gibson||Matt Earl Beesley||November 29, 2017||7|
|SOMETHING TO BE GRATEFUL FOR — Blake’s hopes for a perfect Thanksgiving – Dynasty-style – are ruined when he clashes with both Fallon and Steven. Cristal’s challenging houseguest reminds everyone to be grateful for the ties that bind.|
|8||The Best Things In Life||Francisca X. Hu||Pascal Verschooris||December 6, 2017||8|
|THE GHOSTS OF CHRISTMAS PAST — Everything is shiny and bright at the city’s Annual Tree Lighting, but behind the scenes, the Carringtons struggle with ghosts from their past; Fallon tries to move on from her former flame; Steven and Jeff band together to right an old wrong; and Cristal’s past resurfaces, threatening her future with Blake.|
|9||Rotten Things||Paul Sabbaga||Brad Silberling||December 13, 2017||9|
|GONNA FIND OUT WHO’S NAUGHTY OR NICE — The Carringtons’ plan for a peaceful holiday are spoiled by two new arrivals and the scandals they bring with them. Blake faces a power struggle with his own father; meanwhile Fallon attempts to reunite the Colbys.|
|10||A Well-Dressed Tarantula||Adele Lim||Kenny Leon||January 17, 2018||10|
|THE MIDAS TOUCH — Cristal's efforts to mend her fractured marriage are complicated when a dangerous newcomer threatens to destroy everything she and Blake hold dear; Meanwhile, Fallon celebrates her golden birthday and gains control of her trust, forcing her to think about more than just what size champagne bottles to serve at her party.|
|11||I Answer to No Man||Gladys Rodriguez||Steven A. Adelson||January 24, 2018||11|
|ALL THE DIAMONDS IN THE WORLD — When Fallon is taken hostage, the rest of the family must come together to enact a rescue mission — but coming together isn’t exactly what Carringtons do best. Out of desperation, Culhane turns to Jeff Colby for help, while Cristal is forced to choose between her old family and her new one.|
|12||Promises You Can't Keep||Jenna Richman||Matt Earl Beesley||January 31, 2018||12|
|THE STAKES ARE HIGH FOR THE CARRINGTON FAMILY — When the Carringtons host a lavish Casino Night party, Cristal and Blake's marriage is put to the test when an explosive secret from Blake's past surfaces. Meanwhile, Fallon must reconsider her behavior as she attempts to fix a professional blunder by accepting an indecent proposal.|
|13||Nothing But Trouble||Jenna Richman||Matt Earl Beesley||February 7, 2018||13|
|TORN BETWEEN OLD FLAMES AND NEW LIVES — After Fallon's declaration of professional - and romantic - independence, Jeff tries to reel her back in. As Cristal struggles with Blake's unorthodox moral compass, she finds herself in a gray area of her own.|
|14||The Gospel According to Blake Carrington||Francisca X. Hu & Paula Sabbaga||Dawn Wilkinson||March 9, 2018||14|
|A WEB OF LIES — Suspicious that the Colbys may be up to no good, Fallon plays a dangerous game of charades; meanwhile, Steven finds himself unexpectedly channeling his darker side when he tries to help Sammy Jo, and Cristal must cover-up an impulsive mistake that threatens to implode her marriage.|
|15||Our Turn Now||Libby Wells||Matt Earl Beesley||March 16, 2018||15|
|RULES OF ENGAGEMENT — After Fallon discovers that Jeff Colby's motives to marry her are not for love but for revenge, she is forced to continue with her faux engagement until she can save her family from becoming a casualty of the Colby-Carrington war. Sam pulls out all the stops to earn his citizenship and Steven’s love, while Cristal must choose between her role as a wife or her role as a stepmother.|
|16||Poor Little Rich Girl||Jenna Richman & Ali Adler||Kenny Leon||March 23, 2018||16|
|ALL THAT GLITTERS — In the wake of a sudden Carrington death, Blake's temper pushes Cristal to make a bold decision regarding their marriage. Fallon's feud with Jeff goes public, forcing her to rely on her faux-husband, Liam, for support. Steven processes his grandfather's sordid past and decides how he wants to spend his future.|
|17||Enter Alexis||Sallie Patrick & Christopher Fife||Jeff Byrd||March 30, 2018||17|
|NICOLLETTE SHERIDAN GUEST STARS — The arrival of Alexis has thrown the entire Carrington family into disarray. After Alexis receives a fortune from Grandpa's will, Fallon sets out to prove her mother weaseled her way into it. Meanwhile, Cristal tries to keep Alexis away from her already shaky marriage to Blake.|
|18||Don't Con a Con Artist||Kevin A. Garnett & Paula Sabbaga||Carl Seaton||April 06, 2018||18|
|FALLON VS. ALEXIS — When Fallon and Alexis fight for Steven's love, his relationship with Sam gets caught in the crossfire. Meanwhile, Cristal turns her attention to Culhane's family and stumbles upon a terrible secret.|
|19||Use or Be Used||Jake Coburn & Jay Gibson||Viet Nguyen||April 20, 2018||19|
|POWER STRUGGLE — The manipulative power games between Fallon and Alexis continue when Alexis — who’s grown highly suspect of Fallon’s new husband, Liam — meddles in Fallon’s love life. Meanwhile, Blake and Cristal spar over whether CA will take responsibility for the health crisis that is hurting Culhane’s family.|
|20||A Line From the Past||Jenna Richman & Francisca X. Hu||Pascal Verschooris||April 27, 2018||20|
|THE WAR OF THE CARRINGTONS – While Alexis and Blake continue to battle, Alexis enlists in a surprising ally, Jeff Colby. With her loyalties torn, Fallon must decide if she helps save the company or come to the aid of Culhane’s family.|
|21||Trashy Little Tramp||Christopher Fife & Kevin A. Garnett||Brandi Bradburn||May 4, 2018||21|
|FALLON MUST MAKE A DIFFICULT DECISION – When Blake thwarts Fallon's attempts to take the company in a new direction, Fallon realizes that the biggest threat is actually Blake himself.|
|22||Dead Scratch||Sallie Patrick & Libby Wells||Michael Allowitz||May 11, 2018||22|
|WEDDED BLISS TURNS INTO TRAGEDY — As Alexis loses control of her plan with the Colbys, Fallon challenges Blake for control of the family's company only to learn she's not the only one with a claim to the throne. Sammy Jo and Steven prepare to tie the knot - but an unexpected guest causes all hell to break loose.